People in the Philippines, the use of Swatiskas on public transportation here?

Why are many Tricycle drivers starting to display Swatiskas on their sidecars here in the Cebu/Yati area? Don't they know how offensive this is for those of us who lost family because of the German Nazis in World War II? Surely they have been reminded that the Philippines were Allies of ours during that long... show more Why are many Tricycle drivers starting to display Swatiskas on their sidecars here in the Cebu/Yati area?
Don't they know how offensive this is for those of us who lost family because of the German Nazis in World War II?
Surely they have been reminded that the Philippines were Allies of ours during that long terrible war and history is taught in schools here.
I just can't believe that they could be so naive as to believe that nobody remembers the atrocities that occurred because of that emblem and what it represents.
Update: I live here and have been here for 2 years and this seems to be a new fad. WWII is taught in school and my sister in law, who is in the fourth grade is the one who pointed this out to me. She asked about it and I really didn't know how to answer her without trying to find out a few facts first. As far as... show more I live here and have been here for 2 years and this seems to be a new fad.
WWII is taught in school and my sister in law, who is in the fourth grade is the one who pointed this out to me.
She asked about it and I really didn't know how to answer her without trying to find out a few facts first.
As far as asking the drivers, I was afraid of offending them, as is the custom here.
A person learns to bite his or her tongue here unless they have something very important to point out to others.
Update 2: Thank you, CDOguide, I looked at the symbols in the link you provided and the sign that is depicted is the neo-nazi one like on the Nazi flag. I did ask our houseboy about it and he said he has no idea where they came up with this idea, as there are few Chinese in this immediate area or Nazi groups. As a matter... show more Thank you, CDOguide, I looked at the symbols in the link you provided and the sign that is depicted is the neo-nazi one like on the Nazi flag.
I did ask our houseboy about it and he said he has no idea where they came up with this idea, as there are few Chinese in this immediate area or Nazi groups.
As a matter of fact, he said that his grandfather used to scare him as a little boy by describing the many atrocities of WWII, involving the Japanese, who took the ppines over for a few years and the Nazis, who fortunately never showed up in this part of the world.
He did say, however that they were very afraid of Hitler's power even more than that of the Japanese because the Nazis were actually trying to take over the world.
He isn't sure about the intentions of the Japanese of that era though.
Update 3: I have now asking, "Your houseboy?", I presume that he doesn't know what that means.
It simply means a man who drives your car, keeps your compound clean and maintained and helps with any work that is too hard or heavy for your househelper.