Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 decade ago

a question fatty liver with inflammation from high cholesterol and triglycerides (NASH)?

My gastroenterologist said that I have fatty liver with inflammation (NASH) and that I should lose weight. According to him and some other gastroenterologists, they said that the inflammation can be reversed and the condition can improve if I lose weight which I have been doing. However, when I read about this condition on the internet, they make it sound like the inflammation cannot go away and its not reversible. I know fatty liver with no inflammation is reversible 100% but can a fatty liver with inflammation be reversed as well through weight loss and proper eating? If anyone knows about NASH please provide some right information thanks

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis or NASH can be reversible.

The major feature in NASH is fat in the liver, along with inflammation and damage. Most people feel well and are not aware that they have a problem. Nevertheless, NASH can be severe and can lead to cirrhosis.

Both NASH and Fatty Liver are becoming more common, possibly because of the greater number of Americans with obesity.

Currently, no specific therapies for NASH exist. The most important recommendations are to lose weight, follow a healthy diet, increase physical activity and avoid alcohol.

If the cause for the inflammation is removed such as obesity for NASH, then the liver will rejuvenate and the damage will be reversed. If the damage continues it can lead to cirrhosis which is permanent. There are four stages. Fatty Liver, Inflammation, Fibrosis, Cirrhosis.

So the best thing you can do now is not overreact, eat right, lose weight, don't drink and follow up with your doctor in three months.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Cholesterol Never Again Naturally : http://Cholesterol.oruty.com/?PXc
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

a question fatty liver with inflammation from high cholesterol and triglycerides (NASH)?

My gastroenterologist said that I have fatty liver with inflammation (NASH) and that I should lose weight. According to him and some other gastroenterologists, they said that the inflammation can be reversed and the condition can improve if I lose weight which I have been doing. However, when I...

Source(s): question fatty liver inflammation high cholesterol triglycerides nash: https://tr.im/q0vt9
  • 1 decade ago

On a curious note, did the doctor test you for hepatitis c antibodies? Many doctors are unaware that the alt and ast levels can appear normal and you can still have hcv.

now, losing weight for nash is a good idea, it will lesson the burden on the liver and can reduce the inflammation dramatically.

as always if your battling a chronic disease like nash there will always be some sort of inflammation, however, it can wax and wane during the course too. you will have nash the rest of your life, so adhering to a diabetic diet will not only decrease the inflammation from nash but can prevent diabetes as well.

a caloric control diet seems to work just as well as cutting down on fatty foods.

good luck! oh! and cut out the diet soda! diet soda increases the chance for NASH since it actually induces a craving for carbohydrates which then turn into sugar. (empty calories)

HUGS!

Source(s): I have nash. (also had hcv but that has been cured) riss-hepatitis c objectvies
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)

When the fat builds up enough, it will cause the liver to swell. If the original cause is not from alcohol, it is called NASH. This disease can impair liver function. Symptoms can be seen with this disease, such as loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and yellowing of the skin. If left untreated, NASH can progress to permanent scarring of the liver and eventual liver failure.

If you have been diagnosed with fatty liver disease, you might be feeling afraid and somewhat bewildered and would appreciate more information about all aspects of this condition. What causes it? What are the treatments available? What are the possible diet and lifestyle changes you should make? What advice for a holistic approach to managing – and even reversing it? and i know the website is so good and full information a bout fatty liver at:http://adola.net/go/fattyliver-bible/

Hope this useful

• 3 years ago

Make pancakes even healthier with the addition of mashed baked sweet potato, a few pureed spinach and blueberries, or perhaps cooked quinoa.

• 3 years ago

Wander day-to-day 25 mins each day

• robert
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Try to help to make modest improvements in your diet

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Aim for a 300- to help 400-calorie meal.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You already know never in order to skip breakfast, but it's also important to eat within an hour of waking to improve your metabolism.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.