ATT phones...Samsung Blackjack or Pantech Duo?

I need to get a new phone w/ATT and I'm between the Samsung Blackjack or the new Pantech Duo. From the website they seem to both offer the same options but the Blackjack is much cheaper (yay:)

The Pantech Duo is pretty new I think and I can't find much user info or opinions on it. Has anyone used it, any opinions? Is it easy and cool enough to warrant the extra $50?

Favorite Answer

As far as features on the phones, they are very similar. Currently the Pantech has the new Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard. The Blackjack comes with 5.0 standard. The software update is expected any day so that difference may be moot soon.

The Duo is a dual slider phone. It has a standard keypad when you slide it out one way and a full QWERTY when slid another, The Blackjack has an exposed keyboard and no sliding.

The Duo has just been released so there isn't much info available on it but phonescoop.com is a great resource for phone reviews.

Personally I had the Blackjack and loved it. I only changed to the Tilt because I wanted the full Windows Mobile 6.0 with Word, Excel, and built-in GPS. The Blackjack is very fast and has great reception. The camera on it left something to be desired but I can't personally compare it to the Duo. If pictures are important definetly take a look at the Duo to see the differences. Personally, Pantech hasn't really proved them sells to me yet. They have a neat super tiny flip phone and a few low end phones that are decent for their price, but nothing amasing has come from them yet.

Source(s): Work for ATT

i have the blackjack. i was between the blackjack and the blackberry pearl. ive had it since july and havent had one problem yet. the internet is very fast and the phone just looks really cool! id tell you to go with the blackjack hands down.

I would choose the Blackjack.

samsung over pantech any day. kthxbai.