When wearing light colored khaki's with black shoes what color should your socks be?

Are you better off matching them to your shoes or your pants?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Lisa H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

i prefer matching my shoes. i have never found very good khaki socks that go with my khaki colored pants and it looks weird. so I try to match my shoes and whatever color I have in my top. which generally ends up being brown, black, or grey.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

solve this tricky situation by wearing socks that are meant to be seen. pick a sock with a black and tan pattern. an argyle pattern is classic. depending on the place you are wearing them, a punk twist is a black sock with tan skulls (or vice versa). so, if your socks happen to show when you sit down, people will appreciate the unexpected fashion statement and realize the socks weren't just an afterthought. check out the black/tan argyle ones from j. crew. you can easily find these same at target or tjmaxx. http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod...

Source(s): me: a sociology student conducting a survey on marriage & relationships at http://geocities.com/sbiv37/ i'd love your input.
  • 1 decade ago

MAKE EM PINK!!

lol just kidding

match them with your pants :)

Though i don't think it really matters unless your socks are going to show beneath your khakis.

• KB
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

shoes. wear black socks

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Either one works.

but I prefer matching the shoes

but if you cant, then match the pants

• 1 decade ago

As a rule of thumb, the same color as your belt (if you wear one).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It doesn't really matter, it's going to look funny no matter how you match them up.

• 1 decade ago

pants. go with white or beige.

• 1 decade ago

white or tan

Source(s): my brain
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.