Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

She suicided last night. She committed suicide last night. What is correct? Are both correct?

The yahoo spell checker identified "suicided" as a wrong spelling. The big question is: what country uses this form? And why does dictionary.com and merrriamwebster.com list suicide as a verb. My British and Canadian dictionaries list it only as a noun. Does anyone have any idea?

• Favorite Answer

She commited suicide is the correct one

Source(s): English Major

I'm not sure the exact reason for it, but she committed suicide last night is the correct way to say it... what a morbid subject to ask a grammar question about lol

She committed suicide last night

She committed suicide should be right because suicided may be a word but I think you would use it as a last resort

Maybe in latin backround, latin based speaking countries it is correct, since in spanish suicide it is a verb, I've commited the same mistake and being corrected again and again.

It's supposed to be

she commited suicide

or that's what I've been told.

human beings at the instant think of slightly pill can resolve each thing. do not blame the Lunesta organization, all of us know they're money hungry. If human beings will stop counting on medicine to unravel each thing stuff like this does not take place. And in case you have not found out, there are area outcomes like that to very almost ever drug that tampers with the techniques. i'm particular the well being care expert did not placed a gun to absolutely everyone's head and tell them to make her take Lunesta. so which you would be able to not blame them... in spite of the shown fact that, I do wish you're niece seems ok. basically pray. that's all i will inform you. God bless.

She committed suicide last night is correct

Spanish can be translater to that 1st sentence

Suicided is an American sort term for "she committed suicide last night", hense, "she suicided last night".

she committed suicide last night

Suicide is not a verb!

She comitted suicide is correct. Yahoo can kick the can for all I care!