Where do you think is best: Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia??

please givr comments to each country above.

Favorite Answer

Oh, John, do you want to start a war between the 4 countries? *lol*

Phil --> worst in economy amongst the 4 (I'm not accusing, official report said so). Democracy is quite existing, as protests are allowed on the street. Native-born really look similar with Malay race (Indonesian/Malaysian). Have many typhoon cyclones as their regular natural disaster.

Thai--> military junta to love and to hate. No democracy, of course, due to the coup. The people worship the King, so don't you dare to say bad things about His Majesty. Bangkok traffic is the worst of the worst in Southeast Asia.

Malas--> as you can see from their nickname: Malas, means Lazy. Badly need immigrant workers to do simple or low-level jobs, but at the same time treating them like s**t. No democracy, protest not allowed, media controlled by the govt. Applied segregacy policy between major races. Ruled by authoritarian party who's leader luckily resign at his best time before toppled like the Indonesian authoritarian. Desperately want to be the top tourist destination: they send 2 of their best terrorists to bomb a beautiful neighbouring country, so the tourist flock in to Malaysia instead. Lack of creative people, decided to hijack a neighbouring country's folk song for their tourism ad campaign. Establish a civilian militia corps who are being given the rights to raid, detain, arrest, without proper warrant (they rob and rape as well), of those who they THINK are illegal immigrants.

Indonesia --> diligent and hardest workers amongst the 4, although seldom not punctual. Located in the deadly ring-of-fire, lots of earthquakes and mount erruption as the regular natural disaster. Democracy is getting better and better after toppling down the authoritarian in '98. The most populous amongst the 4, therefore is not easy to handle 1001 problems at the same time.

I should like to think so. Well, I first like to leave my answer as that, but I have been to all those places in different timing span: the longest is Thailand, then three years in Indonesia, and a couple of months in Malaysia, just 20 days in the Philippines working but travelling around, so I think I might be in a position to answer you about these places. Still, the answer is in what aspect you would like to ask? Investment, Travelling, working, living, religion, economics, level of development, standard of living, the friendliness of the people, the sinnest redlight destrict, the longest and most complex social and history, the diversity of cultures and people. Still, the answer is Thailand is best in all those and will remain so for some time to come.

Id been to those 4 countries before. Next year, I'll be back in the Philippines. So the best among those 4 for me? I guess, it's obvious, The Philippines - beyond compare.

The Philippines have a bad publicity especially in the government because of the ultra-transparent democracy. People are nice and beautiful, friendly and speaks English. Boy, they party a lot.

Thailand. It's OK. I am just so afraid some fathers knock on my hotel room to offer some service from their daughters. Not a nice place for kids.

Malaysia. I was robbed in Jalan Bukit Bintang, few meters away from a Police Station and yet they claim that their city is free of crimes. Yeah right, they just ignore things that are happening in their neighborhood. Democracy is artificial.

Indonesia. They have the worst economy among the 4. I feel like a millionaire with my thousand dollars. Indonesians are ultra muslim, but I like them better than Malaysians. They are a little friendly than Malaysians.

In what way?

Philippine - a beautiful country with thousands of island. Corrupt government official. Beautiful and talented people. Overly populated and very polluted. Filipino love to party, anything to celebrate.

Thailand - good food, place to shop, affordable to most people. Also, quite crowded but people are also friendly.

Malaysia - more expensive than Thailand but another a beautiful place to visit. People are also very friendly. Food is excellent.

Indonesia - a very beautiful country. Very crowded. Among the four country mentioned, this one is the most populous. Not too safe place to be, especially with the earthquakes, occuring much too often.

I rarely find Indonesian who brag like itsme_jkt, but sometime I do. (How do I know he/she is Indonesian? Read his/her answers)

Compared to MY and TH which itsme_jkt said bad things about, ID is still lag behind them. You can search for data and see for yourself if you want to learn about what I said.

I know that not all Indonesian are like him/her. In fact I have lots of friends from ID. But I just warn whoever read one thing using his/her comment as an example: Dragging others down to your level help nothing. You're still in the same level. Does not improve at all. It's just illusion that you are on par or better than them.

Wise people with no inferiority complex would not do that. They know it's worthless. They would spend time to improve themselves instead of dragging others down. Only the fools do because it's the only way for them to feel better about themselves.

Mr./Ms. itsme_jkt just show the world what type of people he/she is

• m0cca

Philippines is the best. pepole can understand and speak english fluently, lots of beautiful beaches, friendly people, good food and a party freak!

Thailand- is beautiful too, andd rich in culture

Malaysia- oh i dont know

Indonesia- smelly

Philippines for me is number one in my heart soul and spirit....

EVERYBODY 0r CITIZENSHIP'S SAY ALWAYS MY COUNTRY IS THE BEST!!

Source(s): "mBah DUKUN SING MBAU REKSO" (C) 2007 THE "K" "T" C" INCORPORATED. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.