Is Thailand better than Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia?

I'm just asking.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

YES

• Titan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I should like to think so. Well, I first like to leave my answer as that, but I have been to all those places in different timing span: the longest is Thailand, then three years in Indonesia, and a couple of months in Malaysia, just 20 days in the Philippines working but travelling around, so I think I might be in a position to answer you about these places.

Still, the answer is in what aspect you would like to ask? Investment, Travelling, working, living, religion, economics, level of development, standard of living, the friendliness of the people, the sinnest redlight destrict, the longest and most complex social and history, the diversity of cultures and people.

Still, the answer is Thailand is best in all those and will remain so for some time to come.

• x_ill
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Safest? Malaysia

Most Dangerous? Philippines, closely followed by Thailand only due to the bombings in the south, otherwise I'd put Indonesia ahead of thailand.

Friendliest? Thailand by far

Best customer service? Thailand.

Best beaches? Thats tough, all 4 places have some gorgeous beaches and some not so gorgeous beaches.

Most uncomfortable I've been in my life? Paranaque City in PI, some real low lifes there, followed by Jakarta

For me having traveled all 4 places quite a bit, I'd have to say I LOVE THAILAND, the land, the people, the food, just overall fantastic. Malaysia is pretty decent, but the people are pretty anal retentive. Indonesia is ok, but everyone always seems tense, and that tensions gets on you a bit. There are many great places in PI, but many many scary places as well, the people are ok, but PI has the #1 rating in my book as far as swindlers go.

Of course if you ask any local which is better, they will claim their country, but I'm a Spaniard by birth and an American by citizenship, and I LOVE Thailand.

• 1 decade ago

I've not been to Indonesia but I've been to Phils, Malaysia and Thailand. I think Thailand is the most FUN because it has the most variety: culture, food, nightlife, beaches, fashion, manufactured goods, and attractions. Also, I think Thai people are more uninhibited, friendly and more physically attractive in general.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No cuz Thailand has the Worst Government compared to all mentioned..... and Thailand is what's to blame of the Poverty in SEA becuz if it weren't for Thailand, there wouldn't be a Economic Crisis....Thailand only wins in Tourism but everyone knows what westerners come there for....Secks Tourism

• 1 decade ago

Individually, Thailand is better than the other three. If they were to combine, then they would be equal to Thailand.I am not a citizen of any of the above but have been to those countries many times.

• 1 decade ago

remember this, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"

so.. any could be the best depending on the person..

but personally, i think Philippines is the best, just don't go to some urban places... just go to palawan, especially in aman pulo... hmm...

going to aman pulo and bali in Indonesia is some of the few things i want to do before i die...

...(hmm..can't think of any good place to go in thailand and malaysia)...

...im a fil...

• 1 decade ago

if you had given concrete criteria, maybe we could judge based on those. but since your question is so general, then all you'd get are biased answers, even an american who's been to all 3 countries will be biased based on his experiences. He couldn't have experience everything all countries had to offer.

All 3 countries have nice people, tourist attractions, economic and infrastructure developments, depends on what you're looking for :)

So, ask me to which country i belong to and the answer will be the same as my answer to your question :)

• 1 decade ago

in order. no one philippines.2 thailand and so on.too many tourists in thai

Source(s): i live in south east asia.in palawan philippines i am french
  • 1 decade ago

If you'd weigh the pros and cons of all the countries within this region, all of us have a common issue to discuss. It may seem like one country is better than the other on its surface but in reality, it is just the same everywhere.

I am Thai and of course I will say Thai is the best but let's be fair with everyone else too. We are not that low to compare ourselves to them, to say that we are better than them eventhough they may do that to us.

• 1 decade ago

In my thought I couldn't tell which is best or better,I just think to enjoy with different things and get good memory in that country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.