How do i connect my ethernet cable to router to recieve internet connection? Please Help?

I Have a link router and I doubt if i put an antenna on and install the card to the computer i need, i doubt the internet will reach, so i connected a eternet cord to my router and the ethernet port on the brain of my computer. But the computer wont pick up the signal, so what can i do to get the signal picked up... show more I Have a link router and I doubt if i put an antenna on and install the card to the computer i need, i doubt the internet will reach, so i connected a eternet cord to my router and the ethernet port on the brain of my computer. But the computer wont pick up the signal, so what can i do to get the signal picked up and get connected to the internet on that computer?
Update: The antenna wont reach the signal so i need to use a ethernet cable, but the brain doesnt pick up the signal at all