Can a 50 inch Plasma TV be used as a computer monitor?

I am planning on buying a flat panel plasma TV, and I was also hoping to use it as my computer monitor. I am thinking of purchasing the Samsung LA50Q7HDX, which has a native resolution of 1024x768 and HDMI inputs. Having said that, I am looking to purchase a video card that has HDMI output (expensive). I am mainly... show more I am planning on buying a flat panel plasma TV, and I was also hoping to use it as my computer monitor. I am thinking of purchasing the Samsung LA50Q7HDX, which has a native resolution of 1024x768 and HDMI inputs. Having said that, I am looking to purchase a video card that has HDMI output (expensive). I am mainly concerned about display quality as I use the computer for both work and gaming.

Do I have to adjust the display to widescreen on the computer? Feel free to let me know what you guys think.