Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Star trek series or movie?

Does anyone know if there is going to be a new Star trek series? or movie?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a new Star Trek movie in the works right now. It's being directed by JJ Abrams and here's the plot outline:

Revolves around a young James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, chronicling their first meeting at Starfleet Academy and their first space mission.

Supposedly Matty Damon's name has been thrown around as a young Kirk (he hasn't officially signed on though). Don't know who's going to play Spock though.

It's supposed to be released in Dec. 2008.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is a new movie in the works. It takes place at Star Fleet Academy when Spock, Kirk, McCoy, Sulu, Uhura, and Scotty (Chekov was too young to be in the same class) are just cadets and are just first enountering each other.

It does sound a little like Harry Potter and Hogwarts, but at least for a die hard 'Trekkie' like me, it is another Star Trek movie.

I have not heard anything about a Star Trek series.

• 1 decade ago

In the new issue of Star Trek Magazine, JJ Abrams finally breaks his silence….a tiny bit. Trek XI’s producer/director tells the official Trek mag "James T Kirk appears in the movie." Although this has been the rumor and essentially working assumption, it is actually the first time that anyone associated with the film has officially disclosed any plot detail about the film. Still no word on who will actually play Kirk in the film or any other official details from Paramount, but Abrams did offer this…

(more…)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I found this:

Star Trek is the planned eleventh entry in the Star Trek film series, based on Gene Roddenberry's science fiction franchise. The film, sometimes referred to as Star Trek XI, received extensive coverage in the entertainment press during 2005 and 2006. In April 2006, after several years of rumor and speculation, Paramount Pictures announced that the movie will be produced by Lost co-creators J. J. Abrams (who is directing the film as well) and Damon Lindelof, and written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who will also be executive producing along with Bryan Burk, all of whom worked with Abrams in the past. The film will be released on December 25, 2008.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Star Trek will have its 11th movie coming out by next year.

• 1 decade ago

Not that I am aware BUT there will be a Star Trek online game www.startrekonline.com

• 1 decade ago

As far as I know, the new movie will be released in Decenber of 2008, it will deal with Kick and Spock in the early days after graduating from Star Fleet Acad. Should be a good flick!!!!

Source(s): Classified-LOL
  • 1 decade ago

A new movie before the original series

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

gee you must not read movie news much..

"Star Trek: year one (i think is the subtitle)" where Kirk, Spock and some others are in the academy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Out Xmas day 2008.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.