Please tell me your experiences when you traveled with pets from Philippines to USA...?

more importantly is it dangerous for the pets? what airline to recommend? I dont care about price much but I'd hate to think it costs same as human being?

Favorite Answer

i had experience going the other way. see the picture of the dog? i had her shipped to the philippines, she's now with my mom and dad (and another german shepherd). they took philippine airlines. i'm sure it was very stressful for them, but they survived. they cost each about the same as for a person in coach. the airlines charge by weight of the dog and the crate. you also have to consider the cost of veterinary certification, consulate fees, quarantine (if applicable), and US gov't agency fees. it's not easy. plus, you're just worried to death the whole time during travel about your beloved pet in the cargo of the plane. it was very stressful for me too.

• younan

properly, in case you flow by ability of HK on your thanks to the Phils, Cathay Pacific is the perfect, for my section. Very pleasant team, exciting foodstuff and useful environment. A note of caution, in case you adult adult males are large, their seats are tight. i'm a huge guy and in basic terms managed to squeeze in. Now from the U. S. immediately to the Phils, i really loved Philippine Airline. The foodstuff replaced into tremendous, the lady stewardesses were wonderful and the seats are truly roomy, plus the flights are frequently no longer finished, so that you ought to get some seats to your self so that you'll kick your legs up or maybe lay down. The passengers were marvelous took, Filipinos going residing house in an truly sturdy mood. sturdy success.

• Leela

If you plan on actually flying about the same time as your dog you could check out Northwest Airlines.

If you plan on shipping him separately here's what we had to go thru for ours: (We shipped our little shitszu about 2 years ago). He had to fly to the US ahead of us since we were still packing up the rest of our stuff. We went with Carepak (www.carepak.com????) and they did all the paperwork for our dog. All i needed to provide was the papers for the shots, and the veterinarians certificate. It cost us about 700$ to ship him from Manila to Tx. We were advised about where our dog was via email (had one stop-over to let the dog walk and eat and go potty) and when he got to the destination. Oh and they used KLM airlines.

Goodluck!

i haven't tried. i recommend northwest airlines or continental airlines i used them when i travelled with my dog here in US.

i want to know if someone has an experiences to travel from US to Philippines.

Source(s): norvef

only problem that can understand only tagalog...so tough for crews

haha.as long as they don't eat the pet it's o.k.