Can anyone consruct a grammatically correct question that has the word "And" five times in a row?

Update:

Sorry, that should read "grammatically correct sentence".

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The sign writer had been comissioned to paint a sign for a pub.

After he had finished, the owner was inspecting the sign before paying.

His comments were: "The sign is bright and colourful enough; but would you agree that the spaces between 'Dog' and 'And' and 'And' and 'Duck' are not the same?"

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Depending on the sentence structure, yes. Ie. This morning Sarah and Jefery went to the doctor's ofdfice,Knicks and Knacks, and found out that ZSarah is pregnant with a boy and a girl. Well that's only four but for an impromptu sentence it will do.

• 1 decade ago

The king and and and and and queen are too far apart.

I originally read this in Ripley's Believe it or Not (1929 edition) - but here's the explanation, sourced from Wiki (to save me finding the book):

Imagine that it's being said to someone painting a sign for "The King and Queen" pub. Then add lots of quotation marks and some commas: "The 'King' and 'and', and 'and' and 'Queen', are too far apart.

• 1 decade ago

if you mean a gramatically correct sentence with the word "and" in it 5 times, here is my shot:

When I was young AND foolish, I dated a very interesting AND ruggedly handsome young man who taught both biology AND chemistry at the local college that i attended AND where I was a member of the debate team AND the volleyball team.

or...

Back in college where I was a member of the debate team AND the volleyball team, AND when I was young AND foolish, I dated a very interesting AND ruggedly handsome young man who taught both biology AND chemistry.

LMAO. i think one of those is correct, gramatically speaking.

And just judging from the way it sounds, I am thinking that the second one sounds better than the first.

Now, if it is actually "AND" 5 times in a row, here is my try:

ANDrogynous ANDroids ANDy AND ANDrew whimsically waltzed down the whalers' wharf wearing white windbreakers.

assonance and alliteration in the same sentence. WOW! I am tripping myself out. Thanks for the question.

stil LMAO. how was that??? (-:

Source(s): my head.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Label on a jam jar. AppleAndStrawberry Jam.

There is not enough space between Apple and And and And and Strawberry

• 1 decade ago

Andy was often known to go by the nickname And. He had two friends, both called Andrew who also went by the nickname And. They all went for a walk together...

Where did And and And and And go?

Cheating a little I know.

• 1 decade ago

Q: What do you get if you put 5 signposts with the word 'And' on them in a row together?...

A: A waste of taxpayers' money...

Source(s): A German book called 'Andandandandand.'
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He asked, " could you tell me the address and road name, and the building and floor number and the exact location of Mr XYZ" ?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, not without speech marks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.