If we were wrong? what would happen?

If our sailors where in Iranian waters? would we back down, would we appoligise? I am not saying we were wrong, just asking the question?, Were we right about Iraq? do we believe to much of what we are told? ( just want your opinion, the questions are not giving my opinion ).

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Satellite information proves the British were in Iraqi waters (they were checking a freighter). Iran is violating the Geneva Conventions by showing the sailors and Marines on television. The act of seizing them and their ship is an act of war.

The only source of disagreement over these facts comes from Iran, a country which is in violation of any number of U.N. resolutions, which has repeatedly declared it wants to destroy Israel and that the Holocaust never happened.

To even for a moment toy with the idea that Iran is telling the truth in this matter is simply ridiculous. It would be akin to me saying, "What if women are so emotionally frail and unbalanced that they should not be allowed on the Internet."

Some questions aren't worth asking or thinking about.

As for Iraq, there is no correlation between the Iranians taking hostages (again) and the battle to liberate and stabilize Iraq.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Even if it was PROVEN that the British soldiers were in Iranian waters (which I don't think can be done) I still think that the US and British governments would claim that they were not and would attempt to get the soldiers back.

As for Iraq, the whole thing is a disaster. Best thing to do is pull out and 'lick our wounds,' so to speak.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Admitting anything to Iran in her present state is erroneous. Doubt very much the UK would trespass into Iranian waters, whatever for is a lighthearted comment.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Personaly, I believe that the majority of americans are blind followers of whoevers in charge. Unfortunatly, whether the british soldiers were wrong or not wont matter since dufus bush and his lap dog blair are itching to stir up another hornets nest.

Source(s): Were still getting stung by the first set of hornets.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

things are so screwed up, its hard telling what would happen. i do believe our government lies to us and has for years. people blame bush for this, but hes just amplified what has been going on already. our government is as corrupt as its ever been, from the federal on down to the state. its all money with no regard for the people. i think theyve been wrong many times, but refuse to admit it. we have turned into the type of country that our forefathers were trying to get away from.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Iranians see the Brits as being at fault ;do you think they are going to admit they are wrong ?They see the weakness of the Brits and know how to play their cards.They know Tony Blair is under a lot of pressure to pull out troops and they are trying to add more pressure.Islamicists can only be defeated by violence.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If it was a democrat in the white house it would have been US sailors and marines sitting in tehran right now, the Iranians now the democrats are ball less traitors

• 1 decade ago

it seems even "if " the British troops were in Iranian waters that they are acting outside international law.

this aint gonna be easy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They should just apologise anyway to get them back.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.