Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

Who thinks that the legal drinking age should be lowered to 18 in America?

Favorite Answer

i do, i think you should be able to have a beer if you can go and die for your country.

I certainly don't! My son will still be in high school when he turns 18, even if it's only for another month. Still, I drank a lot, when I was 18 and I got myself in a lot of trouble. I was not mature at all! I can't say this for everybody, but most 18 year olds I know still have a lot of growing up to do. When my oldest son turned 21, I was concerned that he was still too immature! A lot of people will argue that because a young person can enter the military and be drafted when they are 18, they should be allowed to drink. I think that if a person enters the military at age 18, they will eventually mature while being in the military, a lot quicker than if they weren't. But, I still think the legal age for drinking should stay at 21. Why grow up so fast? You still have a lot if life to live after 21.

I don't. I'm 20 and I started drinking when I was 18. People are so much for reckless and stupid when they are under the influence. I know cause I was. 18 and 21 are totally different. And though it sucks to "legally" drink at 21 I think it's right.

i imagine it is going to because criminalizing it has little bring about reaching deterrence. perchance they are able to looking a impartial floor and decriminalize intake after the age of 18, i imagine that can be a honest compromise. college scholars drink alcohol, it truly isn't any secret, they're less than 21 for the most area. Labeling them a criminal will no longer be a answer. the final public of people regrettably nevertheless believe deterrence works. what percentage young children did you recognize who say i do not drink because it truly is unlawful? If some thing, such guidelines make youngsters insurrection adverse to guidelines which leads to extra regulation breaking.

Yes I know this is an old argument but if you can be sent to war to defend this great nation at age 18 then you should be able to legally have a cold beer too.And for all you anti drinking activists out there dont give me the crap about the maturity of an 18 year old.Mature enough to be sent to war?Mature enough to have a cold one.plain and simple.

I totally think it should be 18. If you are able to die for your country, are considered an adult, and are able to vote, you should at least be able to drink. All of the stress from the prior...you'd need to. Plus you already are anyway...so it might as well be legal! Heck, there are much worse things you could be doing!!!

It shouldnt be lower then 18, because they cant make up there mind. Maybe 18, but not any lower. Good luck in all you do!

Source(s): ME:)

bonnie

lol are you drinking know do you have any ideal how many more death there would be in America if the alcoholic age was lowered to 18 how many more car accidents how many more incident life would be taken bye drunken driver.

I think 21 years old is perfect.

If you lower it to 18 then kids drinking illegally will start even earlier than it does now.

Not me.

18 year olds cant seem to do much responisibly. Not all,but many. It was only recently that I was 18. Your still in high school,worrying over silly high school drama,trying to be cool and impress. That leads to alot of stupid things like that 21 year birthday drinking game where you drink 21 shots or whatever./...and die

I do because at 18 you are an adult you can live by your self you should be able to drink you can obviously make your own decisions