Change cell phone plan without changing phone number?

I have a cell phone plan of T-mobile, and get the cell phone number from T-mobile as well.

But now I want to change my plan to Verizon without changing my current phone number. Is that possible? What should I do?

Best Answer

Yes, as soon as you are signing up with Verizon tell them you want to "port" your old number from T-mobile to your Verizon phone. Usually the porting process takes about 10 min. and most places can do it right through there computer systems at the time of activation. Be aware that once you "port" your T-mobile number, your T-mobile account will automatically cancel, so make sure you are not under contract with them still when you do it, or you will have to pay the early termination fee.

Source(s): I am a cell phone retailer.

yes you can... as long as your payment w/ tmobile is not behind... u can do it. just go to tmobile and talk to them about disconnecting ur phone and changing services and they should let you without any charge as long as your contract is finished and you have not renewed it. then you should go to verizon and have them activate an account for u and get a new phone with them and transfer your phone number! there you go!

Source(s): exeperience

i no for a fact that alltell,suncome can change your cell plan and let you keep your same telephone number

I think you will find some info at http://thefreephonesite.com/