Started a gift basket business but they are not selling, what are we doing wrong?

In March, my family started a gift basket business. We operate out of home and have website. We attended a major trade show as a vendor and only sold three or four baskets. We sent literature to real estate agents, funeral homes, and the list of potential customers from the trade show. We have also gotten... show more In March, my family started a gift basket business. We operate out of home and have website. We attended a major trade show as a vendor and only sold three or four baskets. We sent literature to real estate agents, funeral homes, and the list of potential customers from the trade show. We have also gotten creative and put together cute inexpensive favors for the ladies at the Race for the Cure marathon. We have donated a few baskets for some charity events. We still havnet seen profit. We have also just joined a craft store for the holidays through the end of December in hopes to get ourselves out there. We have only sold 18 dollars so far and its been almost a month. Other vendors at the store sell like crazy and they are selling crafts as well. Is it just that people are not likely to buy a gift basket unless its for a special occassion? Our baskets are priced way under competitors. I know we havent put out any expensive ads, could that be it? Hopefully someone can help.
Update: We have also posted ads online, put our business cards & postcards in some stores and some places let us sit a basket out on display. What kind of advertising is appropriate for this type of business? I dont see any gift basket ads and barely see florist ads. They are very expensive ads and maybe thats why a lot... show more We have also posted ads online, put our business cards & postcards in some stores and some places let us sit a basket out on display. What kind of advertising is appropriate for this type of business? I dont see any gift basket ads and barely see florist ads. They are very expensive ads and maybe thats why a lot of florists and gift basket companies dont advertise and compete with big name competitors? Like Wendys or Kmart can advertise everywhere & anywhere but we cannot afford that type. What else can we do? Thanks