Anonymous

Is it safe for American women to travel alone to Middle Eastern countries?

I have dreamed for years now of traveling to places like Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestinian Territories, Egypt, and UAE to see ancient and Muslim architecture, archeological sites, and just to learn more about their cultures. How safe is it if I travel alone?

Favorite Answer

I would advise waiting awhile unless you have a death wish

Yes! In fact, many of the street crime that goes on here is unthinkable there. Dress modestly and observe the mores of the culture and you should be fine. If any man starts getting a little too cheeky,just yell haram(it means forbidden)! And I promise you he will run away. The tourist police will always take care of any real problems for you. I have traveled alone to Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Morocco and Tunis and have never had a problem.

i think it's time for u to make ur dreams come true!!

syria is one of the safest places i've ever been too.. people are so friendly and nice...and the sites are amazing...

it's safe to travel alone there (just pay some attention to the places u stay at and the busses u use)..and u don't need to cover ur head...jeans and a t-shirt will be fine!

it's a differnt culture.. but a friendly one (not as shown in western media)

Anyone who said that its not safe to travel alone in the Arabic Mid East are obvioulsy people who has never been there.

Its the safest place and people will not even steal your bags and theres no such thing as serial kilers or bank robbers or rapist, its the minimal in the world.

even if you accidentally went into a so called fanatic islamist, they will not let you go until you eat and have tea with them

Of course this does not apply in Iraq and considering the situation in lebanon, that too is a no

Source(s): www.myspace.com/covenvox

I am all for solo travel, but in this case, i would have to say it is a bad idea. When the situation stabilizes again, you should look into going on an escorted tour. It doesn't allow as much freedom as solo travel, but you will be safe and get to see the sights.

yes it is safe to travel to middle east , for an american woman even if you are alone

i recomend, jordan ,syrian and lebanon

but due to the war its safer to go to jordan only

if you need anyhelp pls contact me and add me to yr freinds list

mody37 from amman jordan

\

smartman1969@yahoo.com

UAE in fine. Stay away from the ME these days

BELIEVE ME AMERICAN WOMEN ARE NO SPECIAL COMMODITIES THAT WILL BE ENDANGERED. IT`S ALL GOVT. PROPAGANDA. JUST SEE HOW MANY TOURISTS WERE IN LEBANON, HOW MANY PEOPLE U HEAR ABOUT IN EGYPT..THERE ARE A LOT, AND I MEAN A LOT OF PEOPLE GOING TO MIDDLE EAST, AND THERE IS NO PROBLEM.IT IS AS SAFE AS IT IS IN USA, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN..

UAE, Tunisia and Morocco are safe.

its safe to,

im in jordan and i see alot of ppl from the usa and europ and they are fine and treated well

No. Travel with a companion.