Addicted to Stuff
I am having trouble with my laptop. It is unusable because it takes 30 minutes to boot up, and when I installed Ubuntu, it took hours! Booting from CD is slow, everything. I've tried replacing the hard drive with a brand new SSD but that didn't help either... Please help me; as I need this laptop for school!3 AnswersOther - Hardware9 years ago
I connected my 1280x800 laptop to my 1440x900 TV and I'm having a problem. In the Ubuntu display settings, I turned off my laptop screen but I'm getting these black bars on the sides. I change the picture on my TV but after I turn the TV off, I have to fine-tune it all over again.. what do I do? :(1 AnswerLaptops & Notebooks9 years ago
The conical hat is a traditional sun-protective straw hat originating in eastern Asia. What is the approximate outer surface area of one of these hats that has a radius of 9 inches and a slant height of twelve inches? Keep in mind that there is an opening in the hat where the base surface would normally be. Show the steps of your solution and explain your work.
You are making poster board boundary markers in the shape of square pyramids for a relay race. If you are including a ten -inch square as the bottom and you want the slant height to be twelve inches, how much poster board do you need?
A bakery charges ten cents for a cookie that is 2 inches in diameter. If the price is proportional to the area, how much do they charge for an extra large cookie that is 8 inches in diameter? Assume that each cookie is shaped of a circle.
1 forty cents
2 eighty cents
3 one dollar and sixty cents
4 six dollars and forty cents4 AnswersHomework Help9 years ago
Each book has dimensions as shown below.
Picture link ---> http://i49.tinypic.com/2qbvoxu.jpg
There are 7 books in the series, stacked side by side. What is the volume of the entire collection?
1)What is the experimental probability of rolling a 4 on a standard die if you had twenty trials and 4 successes?
2) Jose is paying for a $2 drink using bills in his wallet. He has four $1 bills, two $5 bills, and two $10 bills. If he selects two bills at random, one at a time from his wallet, without replacement, what is the probability that he will choose two $1 bills to pay for the drink?
3) Jose is paying for an $11 meal using bills in his wallet. He has four $1 bills, two $5 bills, and two $10 bills. If he selects two bills at random, one at a time from his wallet, what is the probability that he will choose a $10 bill and a $1 bill to pay for the meal? Show your work.
4) Darien has raw data that shows how many hot sandwiches, cold sandwiches, wraps, and salads he sold in his sandwich shop over a weekend. He wants to compare the number of each type of meal he sold on Saturday to the number of each he sold on Sunday. Should he use a bar graph, a double bar graph, or a circle graph? Explain.
5)Suppose you roll a six-sided die two times hoping to get two numbers whose sum is even. What is the sample space? How many favorable outcomes are there?
6) Pablo rolled a standard die 60 times. He got a 1 twelve times. How does this result compare to the expected results? Explain.3 AnswersHomework Help9 years ago
So last night, I went to a friends house who happened to have some wine, rum, vodka, etc.
I had about 8oz wine, 4 shots of rum and 6 shots of gin although I may have had up to 12 shots on an empty stomach. Afterwards, I eventually got really drunk (5'7, 120lbs, don't drink often) and my friend (he wasn't drunk) and I started blasting some music and headbanging wildly for about half an hour. As I walked home (more of a jog at first), I could tell I was really out of it, equalibrium going crazy. I got home, and I kind of hung out with my parents in the living room (I'm 16), trying to move as little as possible so they wouldn't notice anything. I went to bed and laid there, feeling really odd. As soon as I went to sleep, I woke up to my mom waking me up in the morning as she always does around 6AM. I have a headache coming on, don't wanna eat, a bit pissy.
1. Is the time lapse because of the alcohol?
2. How do I get over the crappy feeling?3 AnswersBeer, Wine & Spirits9 years ago
Power-wise, what is the ATI or NVIDIA desktop equalivent?2 AnswersLaptops & Notebooks9 years ago
I've got 1gb of memory in my Compaq 6910p and need more. I'm considering getting 1gb more RAM since I've got an open slot. Would I be better off getting a 2gb stick so I'd have 1x2gb and 1x1gb for a total of 3gb or a 2x1gb for a total of 2gb? I just want the thing to stop being so sluggish and maybe a little World of Warcraft..3 AnswersLaptops & Notebooks9 years ago
Basically, I'm asking if anyone here has a Demonoid.me invite to spare. I can maintain a good seed ratio, there's no doubt about that.
If you do have a code, please post an answer here and email the invite to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your Y!A name so I can give you best answer.1 AnswerOther - Internet9 years ago