I was in a minor accident on Friday, and my car was left undriveable due to the driver side front wheel being strut being broken. I'll give you the cliff notes of what happened.
(1) Insurance company dispatched a tow truck, which got there before the police.
(2) Other driver asked us to stay and wait for police.
(3) Tow truck had to leave on another call, so insurance company dispatched another tow company.
(4) Insurance company said it as okay to leave the car on the side of the road for the tow truck to pick up later.
(5) Robo-calls from insurance company said the car had been picked up, did not say the name of the tow company, but did give me the phone number.
(6) I called the phone number given by the robo-call, and was told that they had picked up the car.
(7) I called the shop the car was supposed to be delivered to on Tuesday, they said they got all the paperwork from the insurance company, but no car.
(8) I called the second tow company dispatched, and they said that not only had they not picked up my car, but my call to them on Friday had been redirected to my insurance company.
(9) I called my insurance company, and they don't know what happened to my car.
(10) Neither tow company says they towed it. My car is not where it was left. in retrospect I would not have left it alone. My mom (whom I live with, free rent FTW) and the insurance company said was okay.
(11) Insurance company is already working with the police, or so they say.