I am a retired mechanical engineer from a central government organization in India. I have vast experience in fabrication, design, inspection and quality control. In the interest of learning & updating my knowledge, I took it a hobby of providing guidance in mathematics for students up to 12th grade for quite long years. As a retired person now, subject to my free time, I take pleasure of sharing my experience in the same spirit as previous, with whomsoever desires. Some useful symbols: ∞ ± √ ≤ ≥ π ∫ √ ∮ ⋀ ⋁ ¬ ∠ ∡ ⊥ Δ ÷ // ⇒ ∀ ∃ ∇ ∂ ∑ ≅ ≈ ≠ ∩ ∊ ∪ ⊂ ⊆ ⊃ ⊇ ∈ ∉ Superscripts: ° ⁻¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵ ⁶ ⁷ ⁸ ⁹ ª ⁿ ˣ Subscripts: ₀ ₁ ₂ ₃ ₄ ₅ ₆ ₇ ₈ ₉ ₊ ₋ ₌ ₍ ₎ Greek Alphabets: α β γ δ ε ζ η θ λ μ ξ ρ Σ σ φ ψ ω Π ∂ Ө Φ
- 6 AnswersMathematics4 years ago
Kindly refer the question in "http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201...
The solution to this question has been adjusted as BA by the Asker. But he has raised some doubts on the solution. I am unable to provide the same via comments column. As well his mail id is closed. Then how to address his doubts and guide him. However in the previous system the comments column was very friendly and we were able to make lot of communications. Now it is abruptly curtailed. Even genuine clarifications are not possible to provide on real time.1 AnswerYahoo Answers7 years ago
Refer question in "http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201...
What a pity of this Yahoo Q & A system, these type of funny answers are voted as BA. While genuine answers are just ignored. It is high time that Yahoo Board should do something to avoid such BA.
1) BA can be awarded if there is at least 5 members vote for it.
2) Points for voting may be increased from present 1 point to 2 points to encourage many for voting.
3) The questioner may be further penalized with 10 plus points for not selecting BA.
[Only one example I have referred above. In fact there are plenty. In the last one month, I have experience with at least ten such BA]3 AnswersYahoo Answers7 years ago
Since yesterday (30-Jan-2014) we are experiencing with another new format of Yahoo system. When the previous system was good and had lot of easiness of its operation, why this new format? And what is its necessity? Mainly it has disadvantage - As we type the lines, which are too short and discontinuity appears as it moves over to next line automatically. Especially with Maths system, I am finding it difficult to answer. As such I feel to refrain from answering. On my view it appears to be non friendly as that of old format. As well many have opined for old format only as seen from feed back column. So why Yahoo should not bring back old format.
Instead of wasting time on these, Yahoo Board can utilize there resources purposefully on other topics such as, Rating, Voting pattern - Introducing stringent eligibility criteria.6 AnswersYahoo Answers7 years ago
I am unable to read any of the mails coming in Indian languages either with Yahoo Mail or G Mail. Suggestion?
Generally I used to receive many mails in Tamil script both with Yahoo and GMail, which previously I used to read without any problem. But almost in the last 10 days, I am unable to read any of them. They all displayed with blocks only. This problem is also with my Face Book pages. As well I am unable to see any Tamil fonts either with home pages of Yahoo or Google. Kindly suggest what has to be done to restore the previous settings.3 AnswersMy Yahoo7 years ago
This is despite endorsing my preference for the same. You may kindly guide me for the same.1 AnswerYahoo Answers7 years ago
Kindly refer the question in link: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Au...
I request the experts to kindly study and tell me what is WRONG in the solution provided by me? Why a TD is marked?5 AnswersMathematics7 years ago
Referring to the question http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aj...
I submitted the solution with required details. One other member just copied and pasted my answer. Even after reporting on this our Yahoo Board is silent and has not removed the copied answer by the other person. As well I mailed to the answer team. But still the copied and pasted answer exists. So is our Yahoo Board communication system reliable?1 AnswerYahoo Answers8 years ago
Kindly refer the link
Only one answer is presented for this question, which has now gone for voting. However on my view this answer is not pertaining to the question; but some religion related. Is this answer falls within community guide lines? If not why this answer is not removed even after reporting on it.3 AnswersYahoo Answers8 years ago
This question is only for those who believe Hindu religion; others may kindly ignore the question.
As per Panchangam Ekadhashi starts at 03.00 hours of 23/12/2012 and ends at 05.00 hours of 24/12/2012. Then the Vaikunda Ekadasi is supposed to be only on 23/12/2012. But temples like Shri. Ranganathaswami Temple, Srirangam, Shri. Parthasarathy Temple, Triplicane, Chennai are adopting this only on 24/12/2012. Where in some other temples are following the same on 23/12/2012. How such differences? Can someone explain on this.5 AnswersReligion & Spirituality8 years ago
To a question against http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201... I presented my answer about an hour back. On viewing back just now, it is observed that another member 'John' just copied mine and presented the same without any change. Is it withing community guide lines? Why even on reporting, Yahoo answers not taking action to delete the answer given by another member?3 AnswersYahoo Answers8 years ago
As far as the definitions in vogue over centuries, I understand as well guide others that the place of Natural numbers are designated from Right to left in the order of Units, Tens, Hundreds, Thousands, etc.
However, it is confusing with BA voting for the answer against:
Request all knowledgable persons to guide me accordingly, so that either I can correct me or refrain from answering such questions in future.2 AnswersMathematics9 years ago
This question is just for fun; I posted this to satisfy my grand daughter of 10 years old.3 AnswersJokes & Riddles10 years ago
There is a news in India today that the cup presented to India is a Fake one and not original. The original is lying in Customs under lock & key for want of paying excise duties and it is likely to be returned to ICC after completing the required formalities.8 AnswersCricket10 years ago
1) Referring to the above link, I also presented the answer; however asker adjusted BA for the other, which I have no grievance. To add, I also opine it deserves, since it has been elaborated with more steps.
2) However in no way my steps as well the answer is wrong. Then why it should receive two TD?
3) I wish someone to explain me on this.
4) Please do not say it is fun; all genuine contributors should seriously think of such TD marking. Every contributor does service for no cost. Hence, such markings will only keep away many contributors from participating in this forum.
5) Why in such extreme cases, Yahoo should not evolve a system of giving option to the concerned contributor to delete his/her answer.5 AnswersYahoo Answers10 years ago
To the best of knowledge logarithm of negative real numbers are not defined. However logI-xI is defined. But, 2 contributors plus six voters say differently in the question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AsNSn...
As such I am now confused over this. I request contributors to kindly clarify on this.6 AnswersMathematics10 years ago
On review of resolved questions, I have observed many wrong answers are awarded 'BEST ANSWERS', while correct answers available for the same are ignored. For example, -
1) A question is given for finding the 'n th' term of the series; which is neither AP nor GP nor HP nor combination of any of them. However using the special method of "SUM Difference", the 'n th' term of this can be found out. A member answered in one line as "9 th term of this series is '---'." This was awarded as BEST Answer. There another perfect answer using the special method of 'SUM difference' is shown and expressed the 'n th' term in the form of "ax^2 + bx + c", after working for about 10 steps. But this has been ignored.
2) One more question: - "Find from first principles the derivative of the function (ax^2 + bx)".
A member casually answered the same in one step using the formula, which has been awarded as BEST ANSWER'. However, for the same two, three members have taken lot of patience in working elaborately using first principles method and giving the answer. But all these have been ignored.
3) Similarly I have observed many undeserved BEST Answers award. Hence, my opinion is the BEST Answer selections are biased and as such they are not reliable and may not be applied confidently by others.2 AnswersMathematics1 decade ago