The local golf store sells an “onion bag” that contains 35 “experienced” golf balls. Suppose the bag contains 20 Titleists, 8 Maxflis, and 7 Top-Flites.
1) What is the probability that you draw (without replacement) a Titleist, and then a Maxflis, and then another Titleist?
2) What is the probability that you draw a Top-Flite or a Maxflis?
You attend a 10 horse race and decide to guess what the top 3 finishers of that race will be
3) What is the probability that you pick the first, second, and third place finisher correctly?
A class has 30 students in it. Early in the semester they create groups of three students.
4) How many different ways could 1 group of 3 students be created from a class of 30 students?1 AnswerMathematics2 months ago
A community bird-watching society makes and sells simple bird feeders to raise money for its conservation activities.?
A community bird-watching society makes and sells simple bird feeders to raise money for its conservation activities. The materials for each feeder cost $5, and the society sells an average of 30 feeders per week at a price of $9 each. The society has been considering raising the price, so it conducts a survey and finds that for every dollar increase, it loses 3 sales per week.
(a) Find a function P that models weekly profit in terms of price per feeder. (Let x be the price per feeder.)
(b) What price should the society charge for each feeder to maximize profits?
What is the maximum weekly profit?2 AnswersHomework Help2 years ago
A ball is thrown across a playing field from a height of 5 ft above the ground at an angle of 45° to the horizontal at a speed of 22 ft/s.?
A ball is thrown across a playing field from a height of 5 ft above the ground at an angle of 45° to the horizontal at a speed of 22 ft/s. It can be deduced from physical principles that the path of the ball is modeled by the function
f(x) = ((−32/(22)^2) x^2) + x + 5
where x is the distance in feet that the ball has traveled horizontally. (Round your answer to two decimal places.)
At what horizontal distance x is the ball 7 ft high?
Smaller value & Larger value in ft.2 AnswersPhysics2 years ago
Find a linear equation that models the depreciated value V of the truck t years since it was purchased. And what is the rate of depreciation?
A small business owner buys a truck for $25,000 to transport supplies for her business. She anticipates that she will use the truck for 5 years and that the truck will be worth $15,000 in 5years. She plans to claim a depreciation tax credit using the straight-line depreciation method approved by the Internal Revenue Service. This means that if V is the value of the truck at time t, then a linear equation is used to relate V and t.
(a) Find a linear equation that models the depreciated value V of the truck t years since it was purchased.
(b) What is the rate of depreciation?3 AnswersMathematics2 years ago
(a) On what intervals is f increasing? (Enter your answer using interval notation.)
(b) On what intervals is f decreasing? (Enter your answer using interval notation.)
(c) At what values of x does f have a local maximum or minimum? (Enter your answers as a comma-
A particle moves with its position given by x=cos(t) and y=sin(t/4), where positions are given in feet from the origin and time tt is in seconds.
(a) Find the speed of the particle.
(b) Find the first positive time when the particle comes to a stop.
(c) If n is any odd integer, write a formula (in terms of n) for all positive times t at which the particle comes to a stop.
1. A rectangle is 8.3 inches wide, and the height ranges from 4.7 inches to 7.1 inches. Write an
inequality that describes the possible values of A, the area of the rectangle.
2. For a small job, a contractor charges a flat fee of $85 plus $40 for each hour of labor. Write
an inequality that describes the possible values of t, the number of hours of labor, for a job
that costs between $325 and $425.1 AnswerHomework Help4 years ago
1. For a quadratic equation, the sum and product of the roots are 1/9 and -1/3.
a) Construct the quadratic equation.
b) What are the roots?
2. For quadratic equation 2x^2 +kx+8=0 one root is 2.
a) Find the value of k.
b) What is the other root?
3. The roots of 2x^2+(3k+6)x-12=0 are p and q. If p+q=0 find k.
4. The roots of px^2-25x+12=0 are reciprocals. What is the value of p?
5. For the quadratic equation 2x^2-3x-1=0, the roots are m and n. Without solving, find the value of m^2+n^2.
Find a general solution of the differential equation:
d^(4)y/dx^(2) -4 d^(3)y/dx^(3) +8 d^(2)y/dx^(2) -8 dy/dx+4y=0
Use a Double- or Half-Angle Formula to solve the equation in the interval [0, 2π). (Enter your answers as a comma-separated list.)?
1. Use a Double- or Half-Angle Formula to solve the equation in the interval [0, 2π). (Enter your answers as a comma-separated list.)
sin(2θ) + sin(θ) = 0
2. Use a Double- or Half-Angle Formula to solve the equation in the interval [0, 2π). (Enter your answers as a comma-separated list.)
tan(θ/2) − sin(θ) = 0
3. Solve the given equation for x
2 arcsin(x) + arccos(x) = π
Find the indicated roots and graph them in the complex plane.
The cube roots of
3 + 3i
Referring to the labels from the graph you selected above, give the exact roots.
Refer to the figure below.
(a) Find the area of the shaded region. (Round your answer to one decimal place.)
(b) Find the perimeter of the shaded region. (Round your answer to one decimal place.)