If any of this inaccurate, please let me know. I went through a lot of it and it was all true. I simply can't vote for a McCain Palin ticket and respect myself. I may vote Libertarian or Obama, not sure, but for the first time in my life I won't be voting for a GOP presidential cadidate.
* If you're a minority and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "token hire." * If you're a conservative and you're selected for a job over more qualified candidates you're a "game changer."
* Black teen pregnancies? A moral "crisis" in black America. * White teen pregnancies? A "blessed event."
* If you grow up in Hawaii you're "exotic." * Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you're the quintessential "American story."
* Similarly, if you name you kid Barack you're "unpatriotic." * Name your kid Track, you're "colorful."
* If you're a Democrat and you make a VP pick without fully vetting the individual you're "reckless." * A Republican who doesn't fully vet is a "maverick."
* If you spend 3 years as a community organizer growing your organization from a staff of 1 to 13 and your budget from $70,000 to $400,000, then become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new African Amerian voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, then spend nearly 8 more years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, becoming chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, then spend nearly 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of nearly 13 million people, sponsoring 152 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you are woefully inexperienced.
* If you spend 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, then spend 20 months as the governor of a state with 650,000 people, then you've got the most executive experience of anyone on either ticket, are the Commander in Chief of the Alaska military and are well qualified to lead the nation should you be called upon to do so because your state is the closest state to Russia.
* If you are a Democratic male candidate who is popular with millions of people you are an "arrogant celebrity." * If you are a popular Republican female candidate you are "energizing the base."
* If you are a younger male candidate who thinks for himself and makes his own decisions you are "presumptuous." * If you are an older male candidate who makes last minute decisions you refuse to explain, you are a "shoot from the hip" maverick.
* If you are a candidate with a Harvard law degree you are "an elitist-out of touch" with the real America . * if you are a legacy (dad and granddad were admirals) graduate of Annapolis , with multiple disciplinary infractions you are a hero.
* If you manage a multi-million dollar nationwide campaign, you are an "empty suit." * If you are a part time mayor of a town of 7000 people, you are an "experienced executive."
* If you go to a south side Chicago church, your beliefs are "extremist." * If you believe in creationism and don't believe global warming is man made, you are "strongly principled."
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian. * If you have been married to the same woman with whom you've been wed to for 19 years and raising 2 beautiful daughters with, you're "risky."
* If you're a black single mother of 4 who waits for 22 hours after her water breaks to seek medical attention, you're an irresponsible parent, endangering the life of your unborn child. * But if you're a white married mother who waits 22 hours, you're spunky. I don't care who wrote this. How is it spin if this is all true? You are voting with clarity because you are not being objective. If Palin was a democrat and she had all this baggage, we would be all over her. I will not be a hypocrite. I live in California where I'm sure Obama will win so I WILL VOTE FOR BARR like other Republicans. I WILL NOT BE A HYPOCRITE like the rest. PLEASE DON'T JUST SAY IT IS SPIN. THAT IS SPIN, TOO. IF IT IS INCORRECT, CORRECT IT. THE TRUTH IS SHE IS NOT QUALIFIED UNLESS YOU ARE A FUNDAMENTALIST. MOST OF US REPUBLICANS ARE NOT. Thank you JackBauer. At least you are making decent arguments against. I am not a huge Obama fan, but I can't fathom Palin being President in a couple years if he dies. And for the record, I swear on my life I voted for Bush both terms. I lean Libertarian, but Republicans are USUALLY closer to my views.