Weird migraines?! What's wrong with me? 10 points to the person kind enough to respond with a real answer!?
I have been having some strange migraines, I was wondering if you have any idea what could be wrong with me?
Facts you may need to know:
1. 16 yrs old
3. they don't have anything to do with my menstrual cycle
4. I'm a virgin
5. I'm on birth control, I've heard that it can cause migraines, but I've had them before I started birth control
6. I don't have an injury
Ok so here are my symptoms:
1. this has been going on for almost a year
2. I get tunnel vision, as in: I can only see like a small amount and everything is either gray or black
3. this part only lasts a few seconds
4. after this happens, I get a migraine behind my eyes and where I usually get sinus headaches if I have a cold or something
5. this only lasts for a few seconds as well
6. It happens a lot when I stand up, but it has happened other times as well, for seemingly no reason
7. I never loose my balance
8. the most i've ever gotten in one day was 16
9. sometimes i feel a little short of breath for a moment when it happens
thanks for your help!
Each part of the migraine only lasts a few seconds, the longest TOTAL migraine I've gotten was a minute... I'm scared! I wish I knew what was wrong with me!
My mom is the only one in my family who gets migraines, and she gets your average day-long, turn the lights off kind of migraine. Nothing as strange as mine lol!
I actually have gone to the doctor and they can't figure it out. They said it sounds like an aural migraine except for the length. They don't know why it's caused. :/
Have you ever been to a neurologist?maybe u need 2 get a 2nd opinion....it could be caused by a chemical imbalance in ur brain....or a growth deep in ur sinus cavity...have sum1 check you out becuz it sounds like u need 2 see a different dr.
Retinal migraines can affect vision, but they usually are not accompanied by pain. I suggest you see an opthamologist (which is an M.D. - optometrists are not) for a full evaluation, to rule out optic neuritis, glaucoma, retinal detachment, etc). You also may need a brain CT or MRI scan to make sure there is no tumor pressing on the ocular nerve or affecting part of the brain that controls vision (this is VERY rare, so don't be scared). Still, it is best to check.
you might want to consider getting some exams done by a professional. ive gotten migranes for years but mine stay for days sometimes weeks and it was because of the birth control. i recently went off and im slowly reclining in the amount of time they stay. so good luck and i hope you can find some answers