Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
No -it clearly states its forbidden
A. From the Qur'an
1. "…We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul - unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And, whoever saves one, it is as if he had saved mankind entirely." [Qur'an, 5:32]
This verse establishes the sanctity of life.
2. "…And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden except by right…" [Qur'an, 6:151]
3. "And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden except by right. And whoever is killed unjustly, We have given his heir authority but let him not exceed limits in [the matter of] taking life. Indeed, he has been supported [by the law]. " [Qur'an, 17:33].
4. "And [the believers are] those who do not invoke any deity with Allah, nor kill the soul which Allah has forbidden except by right, nor commit zina." [Qur'an, 25:68]
This verse conveys the heinousness of unjustifiably taking a human life, and indicates that wrongful murder is close in enormity to shirk and zina.
5. "And fight, in the path of Allah, those who fight you…" [Qur'an, 2:190]
This verse indicates that only those involved in combat are to be fought, which excludes non-combatants such as women, children and civilians; a regulation detailed further by narrations from the Sunnah, as mentioned in the following section.
6. "Among mankind is he whose speech impresses you in worldly life, and he calls Allah to witness as to what is in his heart, yet he is the fiercest of opponents. And, when he goes away, he strives throughout the land to cause corruption therein, and to destroy crops and lives. And Allah does not love corruption." [Qur'an, 2:204-5]
These verses indicate that wanton destruction and indiscriminate killing are tantamount to working mischief /corruption upon earth.
B. From the Sunnah
Warning Against Causing Suffering Even To Animals
1. "A woman entered the Fire on account of a cat, which she tied up, neither feeding it, nor letting it eat [for itself] from the vermin of the earth, until it died, and as a result she entered the Fire [of Hell]."
2. "Do not take something with a soul as a target."
Another version says, "Ibn `Umar passed by some youths of Quraysh who had set up a bird and were shooting at it, giving any arrows which missed to the owner of the bird. Thereupon, Ibn `Umar said, "Allah curses the one who does this. Verily, the Messenger of Allah cursed the one who takes something with a soul as a target."
Another version says, "The Messenger of Allah forbade taking something with a soul as a target."
Another version says, "Allah curses the one who takes something with a soul as a target."
Warning Against Wrongfully Taking Life.
3. "A Muslim remains in latitude concerning his religion as long as he does not take a life."
4. "Avoid the seven ruinous [sins] … associating partners with Allah, sorcery, unrightfully taking life which Allah has prohibited, consuming riba, consuming the property of an orphan, fleeing on the day of marching [in battle], and accusing a chaste, oblivious believing woman of adultery."
Specific Narrations Regulating Killing During War
5. Ribah ibn al-Rabi` al-Tamimi says, "We were with the Messenger of Allah in a battle. He saw people gathered, and then he saw a slain woman, whereupon he said, "This [woman] was not fighting!""
Another version adds, "Thereupon, the Prophet objected to the killing of women and children."
Another adds, "Catch up with Khalid and tell him: The Messenger of Allah commands you not to kill [women and] children, nor hired workers."
6. Ibn `Abbas says: The Messenger of Allah, when dispatching his troops, would tell them, "….Do not behave treacherously, nor misappropriate war-booty, nor mutilate [those whom you kill], nor kill children, nor the people in cloisters."
Another version contains, "…Do not kill a decrepit old man, nor a child, nor a youngster, nor a woman…"
Another contains, "…Do not kill a woman, nor a child, nor an old, aged man…"
Another contains, "Do not kill a child, nor a woman, nor an old man, nor obliterate a stream, nor cut a tree…"
- Asker's Rating:
- Asker's Comment: